Cytogenetics (Cell and Genetics) 009647501836970
- B.Sc. in Biology 1983 , Baghdad University.
- M.Sc. in Microbial Genetics 1989 , Baghdad University.
- Ph.D. in Cytology & Genetics (Cytogenetics) 1999 ,Baghdad University.
1- Shamal Mohammed Amin and Mohammed,B. M . (2020) CHEMOPROTECTIVE EFFECT OF MELATONIN ON DMBA/CROTON OIL INDUCED CARCINOGENESIS IN SKIN OF SWISS ALBINO MICE. Accepted for publication in Iraqi journal of Duhok university
2- Sherzad Ibrahim Mustafa Amedi and Mohammed,B. M .(2020). CHEMOPROTECTIVE EFFECT of Quercus infectoria galls on DMBA induced mouse skin tumorigenesis . Accepted for publication in Iraqi journal of Veterinary Sciences.
3-Sherzad Ibrahim Mustafa Amedi and Mohammed,B. M .(2020).Anticlastogenic properties of Quercus infectoria galls against DMBA induced genotoxicity in bone marrow cells of mice in vivo. Accepted for publication in Iraqi journal of Veterinary Sciences.
4- Shamal Mohammed Amin and Mohammed,B. M . (2020 ) .Antigenotoxic effects of Melatonin Against chromosome Damage Induced by 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene .Accepted for publication in Iraqi journal of Agricultural Science.
5- Mohammed,B. M and Jiyan Ali Haji Ali (2018) Synergistic effects of Bleomycine and Hypericum triquetifolium extract on bone marrow and germ cells of albino mice. journal of global pharma technology .10(05):203-212 .18
6-Mohammed,B. M and Mahmood ,O.A .(2018) .Evaluating the genotoxicity of the antileukemic drug 6-Mercaptopurine when combined with Iraqi Nerium oleander and Narcissus tazetta extract invivo. Journal of Biotechnology Research Center .Vol.12.No.1:92-102. 17
7-Mohammed,B. M (2017) Antimutagenic protection of Quercus infectoria galls against 2-Aminoanthracene induced genotoxicity in mice bone marrow. World J Pharm Sci. 5(5): 96-102.16
8-Mohammed .B.M and Sherzad I. M. Amedi (2016) An investigation of the cytotoxic, cytogenetic and teratogenic potentials of Catharanthus roseus .International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) Volume 5 Issue 6:2476-2483.15
9-Mohammed,B. M (2015) Congenital Malformation Pattern in Duhok City. Journal of Biology, Agriculture and Healthcare Vol.5, No.8:120-125.14
10-Mohammed,B. M and Kuder,D.M .(2012).Cytogenetic and Cytotoxic Evaluation of Quercus infectoria extract in somatic and germ cells of male albino mice. Res.Opin.Anim.Vet. Sci.,2(3),200-206.
11-Mahmood Othman Ahmed and Mohammed,B. M .(2012) Genotoxic Evaluation of Hypericum triquetrifolium alone and in combination with antileukemic drug 6-Mercaptopurin in bone marrow cells of male Swiss albino mice . Proceedings of the first Kirkuk scientific conference for applied science .2012/11/01-02
12-Mohammed,B. M and Kheravii,S.K.(2011).Evaluation of genotoxic potential of Hypericum triquetrifolium extract in somatic and germ cells of male albino mice. Res.Opin.Anim.Vet. Sci.1(4),231-239.
13-Mohammed,B. M ;Ali,B.Z and Naef ,R.A. (2008). Inhibition of Miconzole –resistant Candida albicans by Matricaria chamomile. J of Ibn Al-Haitham for Pure &Appl.Sci.Vol.(3):1-10.
14-Mohammed,B. M and Karem J.Karem. (2010).Antitumor effects of Rheum ribes extracts against the genotoxicity of Gemcitabine in male albino mice .J.Thi-Qar Sci.Vol2(3):135-144.
15-Mohammed,B. M , Karem J.Karem and Yaseen Nahi Y (2009). Antimutagenic effects of Rheum ribes extracts against the genotoxicity of Gemcitabine in male albino mice. Kirkuk University Journal.Vol.4(3):29-48.
16-Al-Rubae, A.Y ; Mohammed B.M and Al-Shami, F.H. (2008) .Toxicological and Immunological effects of insecticide Diazinon in male albino mice. J of Ibn Al-Haitham for Pure &Appl.Sci.Vol.21 (3):10-23.
17- Mohammed,B. M and N.Sh.Katy.(2006). A new biological system for detecting environmental carcinogens and/or mutagens and their adversary. J of Ibn Al-Haitham for Pure &Appl.Sci.Vol 19(4):11-39.
18-Mohammed,B. M ;Karem J.K and Yassen, Nahi.Y .(2006) .Antimutagenic effects of Thymus syriacus extracts against the genotoxicity of Gemcitabine in male albino mice. Journal of Dohuk University .Vol 12 (1) :216-225.
19- Mohammed,B. M; Shubber, E.K. and Adheh ,A.H.(2005).Inhibition the induction of the gene HGPRT in the asexual spors of the fungus Coprinus cinereus treated with the genotoxic agent mitomycin –c by Hibiscus sabdariffa L. J of Ibn Al-Haitham for Pure &Appl.Sci.Vol.18(2):1-14.
20-Mohammed,B. M; Shubber, E.K. and Adheh ,A.H.(2004).inhibition the cytogenetic effects of Hibiscus subdariffa extract in mouse bone marrow cells and in human lymphocyte culture . J of Ibn Al-Haitham for Pure &Appl.Sci.Vol.17(5):10-25.
21-Mohammed,B. M.(2002).inhibition the induction of the gene HGPRT in the asexual spores of the fungus Coprinus cinereus treated with the genotoxic agent Mitomycin –c by the aqueous extract of garlic . J of Ibn Al-Haitham for Pure &Appl.Sci.Vol.15(3):32-47.
22- Mohammed,B. M.(2002).Suppression of chromosome aberrations in mice by black tea extract. IPA J.Agric.Res.Vol.12,No.2:155-163.
23-Mohammed,B. M ;Shubber, E.K. and Adheh ,A.H. (2001). A study of the mutagenic and antimutagenic ability of Licorice (Glycerrhiza glabraL) extract on Mitomycin-C induced genotoxicity in Coprinus cinereus ,mice bone marrow and human lymphocytes. Proceedings of the first scientific conference of the National Authority for Biotechnology Research ,Baghdad 18-19 September 2001.
24- Mohammed,B. M.(2001).Reversal of the growth inhibitory effects of the drug 8-azaguanine. J of Ibn Al-Haitham for Pure &Appl.Sci.Vol.14(4):1-11. 1
Published Book :
1.Duhoky M.S.S.and Mohammed,B.M-A .(2011). Cell Life. First edition, Duhok University press.pp.243
I am interesting in doing research work in the field of cancer genetic including the mutagenic and antimutagenic effects of chemicals , Teratogens , Medicinal plant extracts & drugs on Chromosome Pathology and cytotoxicity in vivo and in vitro.
Giving theoretical and practical lectures to the undergraduates and Postgraduates students , I taught many courses in different universities in Iraq such as : Baghdad University, Salahadden University, Sulaimani University and Duhok University in the following fields:
1.Advanced Cytogenetics /MSc and Ph.D students in Duhok university , Salahadden university , sulaimani university and Baghdad University.
2.Advanced Medical Genetics /MSc students in Baghdad university.
3.Advanced Genetics /MSc student in Duhok University.
4.Advanced Cell biology /PhD and MSc students in Baghdad and sulaimani university and Duhok university.
5.Genetic Toxicology /MSc students in Duhok university.
6.Microbial Genetics /MSc student in Baghdad University.
7-Genetic disorders /MSc students in Duhok University
1. Cell Biology /Second class and third class ,Biology Department, Baghdad and Duhok University
2. Principles of Genetics /Third class ,Animal Production Department ,Baghdad University &Duhok University
3. Genetic Toxicology /Fourth class , Biology Department of Biology ,Baghdad University
4. Medical Genetics /Fourth class ,Biology Department of Biology ,Baghdad University
5. Genetic engineering/Fourth class ,Biology Department ,Baghdad University
6. Microbial Genetics /Third class ,Biology Department ,Baghdad University
7. Evolution/Third class ,Biology Department ,Duhok University
8. Virology /Third class ,Biology Department,Duhok University
9. Invertebrates/Third class ,Biology Department ,Duhok University
10. Zoology /First class ,Department of Animal production ,Duhok University
11. General Biology /First class ,Biology Department,Duhok University
12. Animal physiology/Third class, Biology Department ,Duhok University
13. Scientific debates/first class,Biology Department ,Duhok university
14. Fourth class students projects /Fourth class ,Department of Biology &Department of Animal Production , Baghdad &Duhok University
1. Investigation the anticancer and antimutagenic potentials of melatonin against 7,12- dimethylbenz(a)anthracene (DMBA) induced skin papillomagenesis in swiss albino mice. Ph.D. thesis for Duhok University. Ongoing.
2. Chemo-preventive Potential of Quercus infectoria galls Extract Against DMBA-induced Skin tumor in Swiss albino Mice. Ph.D. thesis for Duhok University .Ongoing.
1. Genotoxic and Cytotoxic Evalution of Hypericum triquetrifolium,Nerium oleander and Narcissus tazetta aqueous extracts and their combination with the antileukemic drug 6-Mercaptopurine in bone marrow cells of Swiss albino mice Ph.D. thesis for sulaimani university .
2. The Role of Rhubarab and Thyme aqueous extraction in the inhibition of mutagenic effects of Gemcitabine and the carcinogenic effects of 7,12-DMBA in Male albino mice .Ph.D. thesis for Baghdad University
3. Toxicological and Immunological effects of the insecticide Diazinon in male albino mice .MSc thesis for Baghdad University
4. Synergistic effect of Camellia sinensis and Matricaria chamomilla extract with some antifungal agent agents Candida albicans. MSc thesis for Baghdad University
5. Evaluation of the genotoxic potential of Hypericum crispum extract in somatic and germ cells of Swiss albino mice. MSc thesis for Duhok University
6. An Investigation of the cytotoxic ,mutagenic and teratogenic potentials of Gatharanthus roseus aqueous extract on Swiss albino mice. MSc thesis for Duhok University .
7. Genotoxicity and Cytotoxicity evaluation of Quercus infectoria extract in somatic and germ cells of male albino mice. MSc thesis for Salahaddin University.
8. Cytogenetic evaluation of the combination of the toxic herb Hypericum triquetrifolium and the anticancer drug Bleomycin on bone marrow and germ cells of male albino mice. MSc thesis for Duhok University .
Training Courses and workshop
Training course in PCR practical course /Baghdad University 2005.
Membership in the college committees and professional bodies:
-Attendances and participation in many conferences inside and outside of Iraq .
-Present many Seminars at Biology department of Duhok University and at Biology Department of Baghdad University .
-Participate in Examining MSc and Ph.D. students thesis in Duhok and Baghdad University.
-Participating in The Committee for Comprehensive Examining / Baghdad University.
-Reviewer of many manuscripts submitted to ZANCO Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences, Salahaddin University., Baghdad University ,Duhok University .
No CV available