College of Law
Legal and Political Dimensions of Iraqi Constitution of 2005 Modification Project, and Academic and Political View
On Wednesday 15th March 2023, Political Department at our College under the supervision of UoD President Dr. Dawood Atroshi and the following up from Dean of College of Law Professor Dr. Aven Khalid has organized and conducted a round table discussion titled (Legal and Political Dimensions of Iraqi Constitution of 2005 Modification Project, and Academic and Political View). with the presence of experts and from different political parties and media, this topic was presented in two aspects. Constitutional aspect which was presented by Dr. Renjbar Jameel Shekho (Reporter of Political Department at our college. the second aspect was political aspect which was presented by Mr. Ali Awni (Member of Central Committee of Democratic Party of Kurdistan, and the head of Liqa 1 of Kurdistan Democratic Party in Duhok. after presentations, the chairman of this round table discussion Dr. NajimAldeen MuhiAldeen (Head of Political Department) opened the floor for discussion and a fruitful discussion has been done on this topic.
many outcome ideas have been presented in this activity among them:
- Modification of the constitution might not in the benefit of the Kurdistan Region.
- in case modification took place, independent of Kurdistan Region should be inserted in this modification.
- all Kurdish political parties should be united and should have a unified view dealing with Baghdad Central Government.
- Kurdish Political Parties should insist on the implementation of Article 140 of the constitution.
- Kurdistan Region should prevent modification on any articles that contains rights to Kurdistan Region.