On June 16, 2021, the American Corner-Duhok hosted a virtual presentation titled Study in the U.S.A. to meet one of its goals of promoting studying in the U.S. and U.S. education.
The speaker of the program was Mr. Reving Mizory, Senior Educational Advisor from the U.S. Consulate General Erbil.
Topics that were discussed in the presentation included:
- An overview about EducationUSA.
- Information about U.S Mission Exchange Programs including Fulbright, IYLEP, MEPI, and Humphrey Fellowship.
- The diversity of U.S. educational system and what makes it better than studying in other countries.
- Why students should not consider university ranking as it is not official.
- Five steps to be successfully admitted at a U.S. university of community college.
- Importance of standardized testing like TOEFL and GRE for admission.
- Timeline of applications and admissions.
- Examples of different U.S. universities and colleges.
- Financing studies in the U.S.
- The Difference between private and state universities.