Mission of the Department:
- Training professionals with a high level of experience and scientific knowledge in urban planning and design.
- Educating future urban planners and designers so that they can analyze and address urbanization's social, economic, and environmental challenges.
- Training urban planners to analyze and plan for the layout of cities, whether old and new, with a firm grasp of the technical details involved.
- By teaching students, the most up-to-date information and techniques in urban planning and design, we aim to produce professionals who can compete successfully on a local, regional, and global scale.
Vision of the Department:
The Department of City Planning is working hard to accomplish innovative, sustainable urban development in the Kurdish region and Iraq by implementing high-performance education in the field of city planning and urban design.
Objectives of the Department
- Educating future professionals to identify complex urban design issues and develop innovative, sustainable, and cost-effective solutions through a combination of design and engineering skills.
- Educating students to have the skills necessary for working on urban projects after graduation.
- Strengthening the current educational framework with potential future graduate-level offerings.
- Giving students the tools, they need to address urban development challenges and factoring those solutions into future land use and design.
- Teaching students how to create city-wide and neighborhood-specific master plans and detailed plans.
- Promote research in the scientific arena and connect it to Kurdistan's long-term, all-encompassing development strategies.