English Teacher (Native English Speaker)
Employer: College of Spatial Planning, University of Duhok
Position title: English Teacher
Application close: 25th August 2019
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Employment type: Full-time or Part-time
Contract type: Ten months contract (September 1st to July 1st)
Monthly Salary: 1500 - 3000 USD (Negotiable – based on qualifications)
Location: Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
About the Department of Spatial Planning
The Department of Spatial Planning offers a five-year joint B.Sc. certificate in Spatial Planning offered jointly by TU Dortmund University and the University of Duhok. The first year of the B.Sc. program is a preparatory year for the admitted students to master the English language. The program follows the bologna process that matches the standards and regulations of the
partner University, TU Dortmund. The BS.c. program also includes six-weeks summer school in Dortmund, Germany. The goal of the department is to provide Kurdistan Region and the rest of Iraq with highly qualified spatial planners with different academic backgrounds to cater to rapidly growing demands for public services and infrastructure in our cities and rural areas.
The Department of Spatial Planning at the University of Duhok is currently seeking qualified and experienced native English teacher(s) for the English preparatory year of our B.Sc. program in Spatial Planning.
Full-Time or Part-Time English Teacher
- Bachelor's or higher degree (ideally language-related)
- Native English speaker
- Preference will be given to candidates who:
o are TEFL/TESOL-qualified or trained teachers
o have relevant teaching experience
- Plan, prepare, deliver and evaluate lessons entirely in English.
- Maintain attendance and progress records for the B.Sc. students.
- Check and assess the work of students.
- Create up-to-date exams for the four English skills: reading, writing, speaking, and listening, two times during the academic year.
- Promote and encourage students to speak only English in class and at the college, improving their listening and speaking skills, specifically within an academic setting.
- Use teaching materials effectively and share knowledge and experience with the team.
- Coordinate the English Program at the department and collaborate with the rest of the
college’s English Program team and the head of the department.
- Manage and coordinate the English preparatory year to develop and follow the program curriculum with the assistant of other English teachers. Keep the English curriculum up to date and relevant.
- Consistently monitor the English program quality, making improvements, if necessary.
- Report periodically to the head of the department the students’ learning progress, commitment, and needs.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter outlining their suitability for the position along with their resume by email to email@example.com no later than August 25th, 2019.