Portal E-Mail Login Contact Us E-Learning Alumni Ask Your Doctor COVID-19 Center Jobs Contact the presidentThe site is under development. You can still visit the old site.
Continuous Academic Development (CAD)
The second program in the QA process is the Continuous Academic Development (CAD) which also runs by the Directorate of Quality Assurance under the supervision of the Vice President for Scientific Affairs and Postgraduate Studies. This program is all about the performance of the teacher concerning the attendance or presentation of the seminars in the department and school, the publications in scientific/ academic journals whether local or international, participation in conferences, workshops, symposiums, and training courses, supervision on different proposals, thesis and dissertations, with additional activities to enhance the teachers' skills.
The CAD Process Considers the Following
- A seminar is held each semester in each department and college; subjects discussed in college seminars should be more expanded and deeper.
- Seminar programs should be decided before the course is started in Spring and Fall under the supervision of the Scientific Committee and the Quality Assurance Unit in each college.
- A copy of the program should be sent to the Directorate of Quality Assurance in the university presidency for review.
- The Dean of the college supervises the results of the seminars held in colleges and departments while the heads of the departments or the in charge of the Scientific Committee supervises the results of the seminars held in scientific departments. This doesn't mean that the dean or the heads of scientific departments will organize the seminars.
- The head of the department assigns one of the teaching staff as seminar organizer in the department. Another one is assigned as seminar organizer in the whole college.
- The timetable of the seminars should be decided before the meeting of the College Board so the Board would approve it.
- The attached forms (A to I) should be filled by the organizer then collected and sent to the Directorate of Quality Assurance in the university and through it to the Directorate General of Quality Assurance in the Ministry.