Portal E-Mail Login Contact Us E-Learning Alumni Ask Your Doctor COVID-19 Center Jobs Contact the presidentThe site is under development. You can still visit the old site.
Duhok Research Center
DRC was established at college of veterinary medicine, University of Duhok, Duhok, IRAQ in 2004 according to protocol signed between Prof. Jabar Ahmed, Borstel Research Center, Germany, and Dr.Asmut Khald, president of Duhok University, to provide health care and diagnosis of animal Diseases in Kurdistan region and Iraq.
This Center has multidisciplinary approach in Diagnosis of Animal diseases with specialists in Molecular Biology (Biotechnology), Bacteriology, Parasitology, Pathology and Epidemiology.This Center has the mandate for disease diagnosis and development/standardization of diagnostic methods.
Strategic Plan of Duhok veterinary Research Center
DRC has established the following Strategic Plan:
- New vaccine and diagnostics aimed at the control or eradication of major livestock diseases.
- Research into ways and means of preventing zoonotic diseases such as tuberculosis, brucellosis etc.
- Epidemiological and economic research targeting livestock development policy options and the efficient and effective management of veterinary services.
- The establishment of effective disease surveillance mechanisms in animal health services, firmly anchored in sound epidemiological analysis and efficient information and reporting systems.
- Improved diagnostics for the detection and differentiation between pathogen infected livestock. Develop molecular tools for pathogen detection and differentiation and for epidemiological studies.
Based on the above the DRC will:
- Establish networks at national level and will link them to regional and international networks.
- Analyze and disseminate the available data on livestock diseases to its partners, the scientific community, and veterinary services.
- Develop and introduce molecular diagnostic tools for pathogen detection and differentiation.
- Develop cost-effective attenuated live vaccines and elaborate the development of molecular vaccines taking use of genomic and proteomic data.
- Improve the contribution of veterinary services in a way that reflects partnership between public authorities, farming communities and the private sector.
- Organize seminars, technical workshops and training, aimed at the evaluation of current disease control measures and their integrated improvement. To improve the technical experimental level of the DRC staff and those of cooperating collaborates.
- Evaluation and improvement of integrated livestock disease control measures through distribution of molecular diagnostic tools, evaluation of disease situation, training and capacity building in Asia.