Food Microbiology 009647504642285
-1999-2004 BSc Veterinary Medicine
-2006-2008 MSc in Vet Public Health
Thesis title (PREVALENCE OF HYDATIDOSIS IN LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTERED AT DOHUK ABATTOIR OF KURDISTAN REGION OF IRAQ)
-2012-2016 PhD in Food and molecular Microbiology
Thesis title (Filamentation of Campylobacter)
1-Sero-prevalence of cattle brucellosis by rose Bengal and ELISA tests in different villages of Duhok province
Lokman T. Omar1 Nacheervan M. Ghaffar2 Alind M. Amen3 Mohammed A. Ahmmed3
(1) Department of microbiology and pathology, Faculty of Vet. Medicine, University of Duhok (2) Department of Vet Public health, Faculty of Vet Medicine, University of Duhok(3)Duhok veterinary directorate.
The Iraqi Journal of Veterinary Medicine; 35 ( 1 ): 71 –75: 2011
2-Tenuicollosis in Slaughtered Sheep at Duhok Abattoir- Kurdistan Region of Iraq
Department of Veterinary.Puplic Health, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
3-Filamentation of Campylobacter in broth culture
Nacheervan M. Ghaffar, Phillippa L. Connerton and Ian F. Connerton
Division of Food Sciences, School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham, Loughborough, UK
Frontier in Microbiology (2015) 6: 657
4-The effect of the timing of exposure to Campylobacter jejuni on the gut microbiome and inflammatory responses of broiler chickens
Connerton, Phillippa L. and Richards, Philip J. and Lafontaine, Geraldine M. and O'Kane, Peter M. and Ghaffar, Nacheervan M. and Cummings, Nicola J and Smith, Darren L. and Fish, Neville M. and Connerton, Ian F.
Microbiome (2018) 6:88; ISSN 2049-2618
Food Microbiology, Molecular biology, Bioinformatics , food born pathogenes, public health, Gene and genome analysis, Gene expression
5 Undergraduate students
Courses and Workshops as attendance
1- Post-genomics and bioinformatics on the16/12/2014, 17/12/2014, 18/12/2014 (workshop). This workshop covered the following:
- Arrays, how do they work? What are they?
- Transcriptome evolution.
- Application of microarray.
- Proteomic analysis.
2-Endnote introduction for referencing and citing (researchers in any Discipline) on the 06/11/2012and receives 1.00 training unit(s).
3-Producing Charts in Word, Excel and PowerPoint on the 29/01/2013 and receives 1.00 training unit(s).
4-Creating and Managing Long Documents in Microsoft Word on the 25/02/2014.
5-Personal skills for the working environment: A conference for PG students on the 21/01/2014 (workshop).
6-Producing Charts in Word, Excel and PowerPoint on the 29/01/2013.
7-Creating a Poster in PowerPoint on the 24/02/2015.
8-How to get your research published on the 19/03/2014.
9-Presentation Skills: Structure and Technique on the 12/12/2014.
10-Statistic course for three days 2013 Nottingham University, School of bioscience, Presented by prof Rob Linforth.
11- Chromatographic methods for protein purification.
12- Pass Preparatory English course in Central for English language preparation (CELE) in Nottingham university/UK (WITH DISTINCTION) from (05/01/2012 to 29/06/2012).
13- Computer repairing course (30hrs), the certification was applied by Regional Information Center Duhok province from (13/7/2006) - (2/8/2006).
14- Workshop on “Molecular Diagnostic Tools” organized by the Duhok Research Center – Faculty of Veterinary Medicine with collaboration of Borstel Research Center, Germany 28-30 May 2017.
Workshops and training courses as organizer and presenter
- Organization a workshop in Duhok Research center at college of Veterinary Medicine/UoD in 22/04/2018 about (PCR ESSENTIALS AND APPICATIONS).
- Organization a training course in Duhok Research Center at college of Veterinary Medicine/UoD for three weeks from 9th - 24/07/2018 about (Basic Concepts in Bioinformatics and Databases).
- Organization a workshop in Duhok Research Center at college of Veterinary Medicine/UoD for two days on 14th -15th of October 2018 about (Long document creation (Thesis) and referencing).
- Organization a workshop in Duhok Research Center at college of Veterinary Medicine/UoD for two days on 13th -14th of February 2019 about (Histo- pathological techniques).
- Organization a workshop in Duhok Research Center at college of Veterinary Medicine/UoD for two days on 24th -25th of April 2019 about (PCR essentials, principles and applications).
- Organization a training course in Duhok Research Center at college of Veterinary Medicine/UoD for three weeks from 15th - 30/07/2019 about (Introduction, principles and applications of Bioinformatics and biological databases).
- Organization a workshop on "Creation of long document (Thesis) and referencing) " in Duhok Research Center at college of Veterinary Medicine/UoD for two days on 15-16 October 2019.