Spatial Planner firstname.lastname@example.org
B.Sc. in Architecture and Urban Planning, Engineering College of Baghdad University (Sep 1986- Aug 1991)
MC/MPA in Public Policy and Management, Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government (Jun 1998- Jul 1999)
Certificate of International Leadership and Management, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tuft University (Fall 1998)
Executive Education Program for Senior Managers in Government, Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government (Jul 1999)
Ph.D. in Spatial Planning, Faculty of Spatial Planning of the Technical University of Dortmund (Jan 2010- Feb 2015)
- “Decentralization in Iraq”
A book that reflects on the governance and political development of Iraq. May 2015. Hasan Modern Library Publishing House, Beirut, Lebanon
- “Participatory Budgeting Toolkit: Principles, Questions and Answers, and Case Studies”. United States Institute of Peace, Iraq. May 2017
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- Commanding Heights, Strategic Lessons from Complex Operations. Essay 3 ‘Reflections on Post-Conflict Politics of Reform: a Voice from Inside Iraq’. National Defense University, Washington DC, 2010. https://cco.ndu.edu/Portals/96/Documents/books/commandingheights/commanding_heights.pdf
- Rebuilding Peace: Land and Water Management in Northern Iraq. http://www.environmentalpeacebuilding.org/assets/Documents/LibraryItem_000_Doc_162.pdf.
This chapter appears in “Land and Post-Conflict Peacebuilding”, one of six edited books in the series Post-Conflict Peacebuilding and Natural Resource Management. Routledge. November 2013
- Urban Planning: A glimpse into global challenges through global experts. Cities to be newsletter. 2017.
- The Kurdistan Region of Iraq: From Tragedy and Trauma to Urban Development, an essay in the booklet: “Kurdistan Regional Government: Twenty-five years of hope, challenges, and progress”. Publication. September 2017.
- Understanding the Political Economy of the KRI: The way forward toward better governance by Dr. Nesreen Barwari. 2018. http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/mec/2018/04/24/understanding-the-political-economy-of-the-kri-the-way-forward-toward-better-governance/
- Going Back or Staying Better: Processes of Return After Displacement due to ISIL by Nesreen Barwari. 2018. http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/mec/2018/02/14/going-back-or-staying-better-processes-of-return-after-displacement-due-to-isil/
- Culture and Creative Industries in Iraq: A Baseline Study. Author. Funded by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). January 2019.
- Informal Economy and Conflict: Duhok-Kurdistan Region of Iraq as a case study. Qallati Zanist Scientific Journal, Lebanese French University, Erbil, Iraq. Vol. 4 Issue 2, spring 2019.
- Decentralized/Semi-Decentralized Sanitation Solutions in Duhok Governorate. Paper ID: 1570618280 presented at the 6th International Engineering Conference (IEC2020) in Erbil, Kurdistan Region-Iraq on February 26-27, 2020.