B.Sc. grade "Excellent" general geology, Mosul University, June 1970. (Stands as a record graduation grade for the Mosul University Geology Dept. between 1968-2016).
Ph.D. in Structural Geology, Sheffield University, England, July, 1974.
Diploma in Remote Sensing Applications, International Institute of Aerospace Survey and Earth Observation, Enschede, Holland, 1981.
1. Structure and Stratigraphy of the Borrowdale Volcanic Group of
the Kentmere Area, English Lake District. Geological Journal,
2. Field Guide for the Geology of Duhok and Sinjar Areas, Northern
Iraq. Proc. 5th Iraqi Geological Congress, Baghdad, 1978.
3. Structural Documentation of the Major Anticlines in the Simple
Folds Zone of Iraq. Proc. 6th Iraqi Geological Congress, Baghdad,
4. Graphical Treatment of Anticlines of the Simple Folds Zone of
Iraq and its Tectonic Implications. Proc. 6th Iraqi Geological
Congress, Baghdad, 1981.
5. Regional Alpine Geoflexures in the Simple Folds Zone of Iraq.
Proc. GEOCOME 2, Baghdad, 1983.
6. Scales and Styles of Folding in Simple Folds Zone of Iraq, Proc.
GEOCOME 2, Baghdad, 1983.
7. Synoptic View of Joint Patterns in the Folded and Unfolded Zones
of Iraq. Proc. GEOCOME 2, Baghdad, 1983.
8. Basement Controls of Stratigraphic Sequences and Structural
Patterns in Iraq. Jour. Geol. Soc. of Iraq, Vol. 16-17, 1984.
9. Remote Sensing Data Versus the Geological Ground Truth in
Bashiqa-Maqlub Area, Nineveh District. The Space and
Astronomy Journal, Scie. Res. Counc. Baghdad, Vol.2, No.1,1985.
10. The Use of a Stereographic Sieve in Regional Analysis of Joints.
Jour. Geol. Soc. of Iraq, Vol. 18, 1986.
11. Detection of Subsurface geological Structures in the Tharthar
Region, Central Iraq Using Landsat Imagery, Journal of the
International Institute of Aerospace Survey, ITC, Holland, Vol. 2,1987. 7
12. Induced Seismicity in Iraq. Jour. Geol. Soc. of Iraq, Vol. 19, 1987.
13. Quick Map Revision Using Digital Line Maps Produced from
Orthophotomaps of Bashiqa Area, Northern Iraq. Geograficky
Casopis, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Rocnik 42, Cislo 3, 1990.
14. Photostartigraphy Based on Drainage Morphometry and Lithologic
Character of Three Formations in Northern Iraq. Journal of the
International Institute of Aerospace Survey, ITC, Holland, Vol. 1, 1990.
15. Extensional and Wrench Tectonics in the Foreland Folds in Iraq with Geotectonic Implications. First Inter. Conf, on the ArabWorld, Cairo, 1991.
16. Application of Remote Sensing Data to the Structural,
Stratigraphical and Geomorphological Investigation of the Guwair
Area Northern Iraq. Transactions of the University of Mining and
Metallurgy,Ostrava Czecia, Rocnik, XXXVIII, 1992.
17. Topographic Map Revision in Northern Iraq Using DTM’s and
Orthophotos. Journal of the International Institute of Aerospace
Survey, ITC, Holland, Vol. 3, 1992.
18. Grouting Scheme and Specifications for Al-Qaim Dam Nineveh
Governorate. Engineering Consulting Bureau of Mosul University
(MUECB), Internal Confidential Report, June 1992.
19. Structural and Geotectonic Interpretation of Vergence Directions of
Anticlines in the Foreland Folds of Iraq. Abhath Al-Yarmouk, Pure
Science and Engineering Series, Jordan, Vol. 2, 1993.
20. Highway Route Selection in Northern Iraq Using Terrain
Evaluation from Aerial Photographs. Journal of the International
Institute of Aerospace Survey, ITC, Holland, Vol. 2, 1995.
21. Computer Aided Selection of a Best Highway Route on Digital
Terrain Models. Engineering and Technology Journal, Baghdad,
Vol.14, No.4, 1995.
22. Assessment of the Effect of Measurement Errors from Aerial
Photographs on the Calculation of Wood Volume in Stands (In
Arabic). Rafidain Agriculture Journal, Mosul, Vol. 27, No. 2, 1995.
23. Extrapolation of the Base Area for the Eucalyptus Stands in the
Irrigated Nineveh Forest from Airphoto Measurements(In Arabic) ,
Rafidain Agriculture Journal, Mosul, Vol. 27, No. 2, 1995. 8
24. Preparation of an Aerial Stand Volume Table for the Irrigated
Eucalyptus Plantation in the Nineveh Forest, Northern Iraq (InArabic). Journal of Arab Universities Union, Vol.1 No. 1, 1995.
25. The Engineering Value of an Isodepth Map for a Limestone Bed in the Western Bank of Mosul City. Jour. Geol. Soc. of Iraq, Vol. 28, No. 1 1995.
26. Deduction of Soil Supporting Values from Surface Drainage
Bifurcation Ratios Calculated from Aerial Photographs in Northern
Iraq. Journal of the International Institute of Aerospace Survey,
ITC, Holland, Vol. 3/4, 1996.
27. A Plate Tectonic Scenario for the Phanerozoic Succession in Iraq.
Jour. Geol. Soc. of Iraq, Vol. 29, No.2, 1996.
28. Lineaments: Questions on the Veracity of Their Relationships in
the Western and Southern Deserts of Iraq. Journal of the
International Institute of Aerospace Survey, ITC, Holland, Vol. 1,
29. Gypsum Karstification in the Middle Miocene Fatha Formation, Mosul Area, Northern Iraq. International Journal of
Geomorphology, Elsevier, 18(2):127-149, 1997.
30. The Ga’ara Anticline, Western Iraq, A Structural Fiasco. Rafidain
Journal of Science, Mosul, Vol. 8, No. 2, 1997.
31. Structural and Hydrological Implications of the Drainage Network
Analysis in Altoon Kupri Area, Northern Iraq Using Remote
Sensing Data. Journal of Water Resources, Baghdad, 1998.
32. Morphometric Analysis of Landform Units and Land Uses in Aski
Kalak Area, Northern Iraq (In Arabic). Arab Union Universities
Journal of Applied Sciences, 1998.
33. Basement-Cover Relationships in Northern Iraq Deduced from
Landsat Imagery, Structural and Geophysical Data. Jour. Geol. Soc.
of Iraq, Vol.30, No.2, 1998.
34. Synsedimentary Tectonics in the Eocene Pila Spi Limestone
Formation in Iraq and Its Geodynamic Implications. Journal of
African and the Middle East Earth Sciences, Elsevier, Vol. 27(1), 1998.
35. Major Cretaceous Tectonic Events in Iraq. Rafidain Journal of Science, Mosul, Vol. 11, No. 3, 2000. 9
36. Cretaceous and Tertiary Alpine Subductional History in Northern Iraq. Iraqi Journal of Earth Scinces, Vol. 1, No. 2, 2001.
37. Discussion on “Dextral Transpression in the Late Cretaceous Continental Collision, Sanandaj-Sirjan Zone, Western Iran”. International Journal of Structural Geology, Pergamon, 23, 2001.
38. Progressive versus Paroxysmal Alpine Folding in Sinjar Anticline
Northwestern Iraq. Iraqi Journal of Earth Scinces, Vol. 2, No. 2, 2002.
39. Drainage Network Analysis Using Digitized Line Map Produced from an Orthophotomap of Bashiqa Area, Northern Iraq. Journal of the Iraqi Remote Sensing Society, Vol. 1, 2002.
40. Seismotectonics of Northern Iraq. Gulf Seismic Forum- IV, Kuwait,
41. The Jebel Senam Structure, a Surface Diapiric Solitaire in Southern
42. Tectonics of Quaternary Travertine Accumulations at Al-Fatha Area, Middle Iraq. Bulletin of Mineral Research and Exploration, No. 138, 2009.
43. Seismotectonics of the Bitlis-Zagros Fold and Thrust Belt in
Northern Iraq and Surrounding Regions from Moment Tensor Analysis. Pure and Applied Geophysics, Vol. 170, Nos. 6-7 ISSN 0033-4553, 2013.
44. Stress Patterns in Northern Iraq and Surrounding Regions from
Formal Stress Inversion of Earthquake Focal Mechanism Solutions,
Pure and Applied Geophysics, Vol.170, DOI 10.1007/s00024-0140823-x,
45. Seismotectonics of the Bitlis–Zagros Fold and Thrust Belt in
Northern Iraq and Surrounding Regions from Moment Tensor
Analysis, Accepted in Edited Book Chapter of the American
Geophysical Union, AGU, 2016.
46. Comprehensive Earthquake Catalog for Iraq in Terms of Mw”,
Submitted to the Bulletin of the Seismological society of America,