Plant Physiology 00964 (0) 750 4302252
B. Sc. of Science/Biology department/ University of Basrah.
M. Sc. in Plant Science/ University of ARIZONA.
PhD. in Plant Science/ University of ARIZONA.
1. Mulching Pepper under High Temperature Conditions. (1983). IX International Congress of Plastic in Agriculture, (Mexico).
2. Effect of Salinity on Germination, Growth and Ionic Content of Rice (Oriza sativa L.) at Early Seeding Sage, (1992).
3. Effect of Heavy Metals of Selected Algae Isolated from Some Polluted Canals at Basrah City-IRAQ, (1992).
4. A Study of Fungal Endophyte Associated with Desert Parasitic Plant
(Cynomorium coccineum) in Southern IRAQ, (1993).
5. Germination, Growth Characters and Ionic content in Wheat (Triticum durum L.) as Affected by the Application of Saline Water at Early Seedling Stage, (1994).
6. Effect of Some Growth Regulators on Vegetative Growth, Flowering and Yield of Onion in Zubair, (1994).
7. Effect of Set Size on Growth and Yield of Onion in Zubair, (1994).
8. A Study on Salinity Resistance of Some Varieties of Wheat (Triticum durum L.) Cultivated in IRAQ, (1996).
9. The Effect of Salinity and Kinetin on Germination, Vegetative Growth and Ionic Content of Tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.), (1999).
10. Study on Quantity Changes on Produced Tomato at Zubair During Picking Season, (1999).
11. Effect of Salinity on Growth and Yield of the Local Variety of Barley (Hordeum vulgaris L.) (1999).
12. Effect of Garlic Extract (Allium sativum L.) on the Inhibition of Growth of Rhizospheric and Roots Associated Fungi of Some Plants, (2000).
13. Effect of Salinity, N-Fertilizer and Their Interaction on Vegetative Growth, Mineral Content and Some Organic Components of Sweet Pepper Plants (Capsicum annuum L.), (2000).
14. Effect of Garlic Bulb Extract on the Growth and Enzyme activity of Rhizosphere and Rhizoplane Fungi, (2000).
15. Effect of: 1- Water Stress and Temperature on Growth, Cytokinin Production and Physiological Changes of Pepper (Capsicum annuum L.), (2000).
16. Effect of: 2- Applied Growth Regulators on Growth, Cytokinin Production and Physiological Changes of Pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) Grown Under Salt Stress.
17. Ionic Content of Soil and Wheat plants (Triticum aestivum L.) Grown Under Salt Stress Soils, (2001).
18. Isolation and Identification of the Ecological Factors Affecting Distribution of (Dunaliella salina) Algae, (2002).
19. Effect of Salinity on Growth of the Algae (Dunaliella salina) 1- NaCl and MgCl2, (2002).
20. Effect of Salinity on Growth of the Algae (Dunaliella salina) 2 – CaCl2 and KCl, (2002).
21. Effect of Nitrogen Sources on Growth of the Algae (Dunaliella salina), (2002).
22. Effect of NaCl on the Cellular Content of Organic Compounds of the Algae (Dunaliella salina), (2002)
23. The Effect of Planting method, Planting Date on Vegetative Growth and Early Yield of some Tomato Cultivars (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) Grown in Arid Regions of Basrah, (2002).
24. The Effect of Planting Method, Planting Date on Flowering and Yield of Some Tomato Cultivars (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) Grown in Arid Regions of Basrah, (2002).
25. The Effect of Planting Method, Planting Date on Yield Quality and Quantity of some Tomato Cultivars (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) Grown in Arid Regions of Basrah, (2002).
26. The Effect of Planting Method, Planting Date on Growth Period and Fruit Weight of some Tomato Cultivars (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) Grown in Arid Regions of Basrah, (2002).
27. Effect of Garlic Extract (Allium sativum L.) on Conidia Number and Their Germination of Rhizospheric and Roots Associated Fungi of Some Plants, (2001).
28. Effect of Garlic Extract (Allium sativum L.) on Tomato Growth Infected with Fusarium Oxysporum, (2001).
29. Growth and Morphological Changes of Peppers (Capsicum annuum L.) with Various Mulches at High Temperatures, (2001).
30. Effect of Root Nodule Nematode Meloidogyne sp. on Chemical Content of Eggplant Plants (2002).
31. Antibacterial Effect of Some Medicinal Plant Extracts against Pathogenic Bacterial Strains (2006).
32. Antimicrobial Activity of the Isolated Oils from Some Plants (2008).
33. Effect of Sodium Chloride and Proline on Micropropagation of Date Palm (Phoenix dactylifera L.) CV. Barhee (2012).
34. Effect of Sodium Chloride and Proline on Embryo Formation and Germination Through in Vitro Micropropagation of Date Palm (Phoenix dactylifera L.) cv. Barhee. [ІІ] (2013).
35. Antioxidant Assay Confirm Health Benefit of Watercress (Nasturtium officinale) Plant Grown in Iraqi Kurdistan Region.
36. Effect of Plant Preservative Mixture PPMTM on the shoot Regeneration of Watercress (Nasturtium officinale).
A. Plant extracts
B. Plant tissue culture
C. Salt stress
I enrolled in teaching several undergraduate courses (15) and postgraduate courses (9) at the Colleges of Education, Science, Pharmacy and Agriculture / Universities of Basra, Koya and Duhok:
1. Adv. Plant Physiology
2. Plant–Water Relationships
3. Adv. Plant Nutrition
4. Plant Metabolism I
5. Plant Metabolism II
7. Plant secondary metabolites
8. Special Topics in plant Physiology
9. Advanced Eco-physiology
1. General Botany
2. Plant Taxonomy
3. Plant Nutrition
4. Plant Propagation
5. Experimental Design and Analysis
6. Handling and Storage of Fruits
7. Vegetable Production
8. Pharmacognocy I
9. Pharmacognocy II
10. Medicinal Plants
11. Plant tissue Culture
12. Plant anatomy
13. Plant Physiology
14. Human Biology
15. Academic Debate
I supervised (18) M.Sc. and Ph.D. students and below are the titles of their thesis or dissertations:
1. Physiological study on salinity tolerance of three rice varieties (Oryza sativa L.)
2. Physiological study on salinity resistance of some varieties of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.)
3. The effect of salinity, kinetin and interaction between them on germination, vegetative growth and ionic content of tomato.
4. The effect of salinity, nitrogen fertilizer and their interaction on vegetative growth, ionic content and some organic matter of sweet pepper.
5. An ecological and physiological study on a Halotolerant algae Dunaliella salina Teodoresco in Basrah.
6. Effect of garlic extract (Allium sativum L.) on the inhibition of growth of rhizospheric and roots associated fungi of some plants.
7. Effect of cultivates, planting methods and planting date on the vegetative growth, flowering and fruiting of tomato plant in desert region / Basrah.
8. Evaluation of history course for the students of the second stage of Biology Department on the student's point of view.
9. The effect of heavy metals on some physiological and biochemical characters of the fungi (Nostoc linckia).
10. Effect of salinity on date palm production through tissue culture techniques.
11. Studies on extra cellular products for certain microalgae.
12. The effect of plant extracts on some physiological and behavioral parameters of laboratory animals.
13. Sensitivity of some bacteria to volatile oils extracted from some plants.
14. Isolation, identification of some active compounds extracted from some plants against bacteria.
15. The effect of plant extracts on physiological parameters of experimental animals.
16. Effects of Plant Growth Regulators and Media on in vitro Micro-propagation of Aloe vera.
17. Evaluation of Phytochemical Analysis, Hypoglycemic, Antioxidant Activities of Asturtium officinale plants produced by Tissue Culture Techniques.
18. Effects of Foliar Application of Nutrients and Seaweed Extracts on Physiological Parameters of Cherry Prunus avium L.”
The following workshops (on line) were open to all faculty participants of the ULP where I participated with:
1. Presenting Your Professional Experience
2. Student Centered Learning
3. Teaching Critical Thinking Skills
4. Building your Network through Email Correspondence: Model Email Etiquette
5. Best practices for Enhancing Research and Publication
6. Motivating Students with Classroom Simulations
7. Research Grant Proposal Process
Other Scientific Activities
I have been asked to prepare and submit a proposal for creative ideas that build on and support sustainable collaboration in priority areas for Iraqi higher education and expand the impact for participating faculty and departments and my project titled "Faculty Development & Instructional Development: Promoting Effective Learning in Classrooms" has been selected to receive an Iraq ULP Project Grant. I visited the Michigan State University (September, 2014) and participated in the following activities:
A. Workshop- “Moving from Effective Teacher to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)” with Karl Smith (Kellogg Center, Red Cedar B)
B. Workshop- “Introduction to Cooperative Learning” with Karl Smith (Kellogg Center, Red Cedar B)
C. Workshop-Instructional Design & Assessing Student Learning
D. Workshop-Best Practices in College Teaching - Active Learning
E. Workshop-Instructional Technology introduction.
F. Workshop- “How to Create a Productive and Engaging Writing Practice”.
G. Workshop- Faculty Learning Communities.
H. Workshop-Evaluating Teaching.
I. Workshop-Faculty Mentoring.
J. Workshop-Assessing Faculty Development Programs.
K. Workshop-Diversity & Inclusive Teaching.
L. Workshop-assessment of Student Learning.
M. Workshop-Faculty Development Cohort Programs.
N. Workshop-“Exploring the Flipped Model”.
O. Workshop-American Higher education system, RP & T process, academic freedom.
I attended many local and international conferences.
00964 (0) 750 4302252