University of Duhok – College of Pharmacy
Pharmaceutics is the branch of pharmacy that deals with the processes of turning a new chemical entity or old drugs into a medication to be used safely and effectively. It is that area of pharmacy which associated with designing various dosage forms for delivery of drugs; determining drug storage and stability; and evaluating the effects of administration and formulation factors on the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion of drugs in humans
- Department of Pharmaceutics
It is one of the departments of the college of pharmacy of Duhok University. This department is located in the ground floor of college, and it composes of two laboratories that deals with the process of turning a new chemical entity in to adosage form to be accepted by the patients, through determining physical and chemical properties of that chemical substance prior to the conversion.
We are a multidisciplinary department providing expertise in the areas of drug discovery, development, and evaluation. We are dedicated to pursuing scholarship that creates new knowledge, to learning that disseminates and preserves knowledge, and to engagement that exchanges knowledge.
The members of our department are all cooperative and work together to help the undergraduate and postgraduate students to empower them with the foundation of knowledge essential to the professional pharmacy curriculum, providing the highest quality instruction in pharmaceutical sciences, introducing and developing skills of critical thinking, problem solving and life-long learning in future pharmacists. In addition, there is support to the individual student to work and learn practically over different dosage form (formulation and evaluation) which include solutions, suspensions, emulsions, tablets, capsules, suppositories …etc. due to the presence of most of the instruments which needed in pharmaceutical fields.
Head of the Department of Pharmaceutics
Assistant Lecturer: Dr. Dina Aprem Kako
- Provide an integrated education in the pharmaceutical sciences to students enrolled in our professional and graduate programs;
- Maintain innovative research programs in the pharmaceutical sciences which contribute to our understanding of the design, synthesis, delivery, disposition, action and safety of biologically active compounds;
- Serve as a resource of expertise to the university and the community at large.
- Our Vision
- Improve the human condition by developing pharmacists and by advancing knowledge together with its application through research. This vision will be achieved through student-centered instruction and research in a collaborative, dynamic academic and practice environment.
The goals of pharmaceutical sciences are:
- To provide society with leaders in the pharmaceutical sciences.
- To provide students with an optimal learning environment to attain personal and professional growth and success.