College of Engineering
Water Resources Engineering email@example.com
- 2014-2018 Ph.D. in Smart Water Systems, Centre for Water Systems (CWS), College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences (CEMPS), University of Exeter, United Kingdom.
- 2008-2010 M.Sc. in Water Resources Engineering, College of Engineering, The University of Duhok, Kurdistan Region-Iraq.
- 2001-2005 B.Sc. in Water Resources Engineering, College of Engineering, The University of Duhok, Kurdistan Region-Iraq.
- Mahmoud, H. A., Kapelan, and D. Savic. 2017. “Segments identification in water distribution systems by using network topological matrices.” In Vol.15 of Proceeding, Conference on CCWI 2017-Computing and Control for the Water Industry. Sheffield, UK.
- Mahmoud, H. A., Savic, and Z. Kapelan. 2017. “New pressure-driven approach for modeling water distribution networks.” Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management. 143 (8): 04017031. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0000781.
- Mahmoud, H. A., Savic, and Z. Kapelan. 2017. “A Response Methodology for Reducing Impacts of Failure Events in Water Distribution Networks.” Procedia Engineering, vol.186, p. 218–227. DOI: 10. 1016/ j.proeng. 2017.03.231.
- Forconi, E., Kapelan, Z., Ferrante, M., Mahmoud, H. A., and Capponi, C. 2017. “Risk based sensor placement methods for burst/leak detection in water distribution systems.” Water Science and Technology: Water Supply, ws2017069. DOI: 10.2166/ws.2017.069.
- Mahmoud, H. A., Kapelan, and D. Savic. 2018. “Real-Time Operational Response Methodology for Reducing Failure Impacts in Water Distribution Systems.” Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management. 144 (7): 04018029. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0000956.
- Sophocleous S., Nikoloudi E., Mahmoud H.A., Woodward K., Romano M. 2018. “Simulation-Based Framework for the Restoration of Earthquake-Damaged Water Distribution Networks using a Genetic Algorithm.” In Vol. 1 of proceeding, International WDSA / CCWI 2018 Joint Conference. Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
- Paper entitled “A Response methodology for reducing impacts of failure events in water distribution networks” at the WDSA2016 international conference, Cartagena, Columbia, 24-28 July 2016.
- Paper entitled “Segments identification in water distribution systems by using network topological matrices” at the CCWI2017 international conference, Sheffield, UK, 5-7 Sep 2017.
- Paper entitled “Simulation-Based Framework for the Restoration of Earthquake-Damaged Water Distribution Networks using a Genetic Algorithm” at the CCWI /WDSA2018 joint international conference, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, 23-25 July 2018.
- Real-time management and control of smart water systems, involving detection, isolation and remediation of different events and smart demand metering;
- Asset management of urban water systems including supply/demand analysis, water demand management, leakage analysis, pressure/energy management, reliability/resilience/robustness issues, asset incident and deterioration modelling;
- Water resources management including water security issues;
- Decision support systems for sustainable design and operation of urban water systems in changing climate conditions, including risk/uncertainty analyses, deterministic and stochastic optimisation methods, and multi-criteria decision analyses;
- Calibration and validation of water systems models including sensor network design;
- Cross-disciplinary complex system approaches to water resource management;
- Integrated asset management methodologies for water industry applications.
EW3101: Engineering Analysis, Module Coordinator, University of Duhok, 2011/12
EW4101: Estimation of Hydraulic Structures, Module Coordinator, University of Duhok, 2011/12
EC3105: Engineering Analysis, Module Coordinator. University of Duhok, 2018/19