Pathology/ Nematology 07504179404
- B.Sc. 2003-2007 Horticulture, College of Agriculture , University of Dohuk, Kurdistan Region, Iraq.
- M.Sc. 2009-2012 Plant production, Plant protection / Plant Nematology College of Agriculture, University of Dohuk, Kurdistan Region, Iraq.
1- Taher, I. E. (2012). Pathogenicity, biology and control of wheat seed gall nematode Anguina tritici
(Doctoral dissertation, M. Sc. thesis College of Agriculture-University of Duhok).
2-Taher, I. E., Ami, S. N., Haleem, R. A., & Shareef, B. S. (2017). First record of mycetophagous nematode
Aphelenchus avenae in Iraq with description and testing their propagation on different fungus culture. Bulletin
of the Iraq Natural History Museum (P-ISSN: 1017-8678, E-ISSN: 2311-9799), 14(3), 251-259.
3-Amin, S. N., Taher, I. I., & Omer, F. A. (2015). Bioassay and pathogenicity of wheat seed gall nematode
Anguina tritici. Science Journal of University of Zakho, 3(1), 39-45.
4- Ami, S. N., & Taher, I. I. (2013). Wheat Seed Gall Nematode Anguina Tritici in Duhok Province,
Kurdistan Region-Iraq and its Biology. Science Journal of University of Zakho, 1(2), 674-685.
5-Hassan, W. A., Taher, I. E., & Saido, K. A. (2015). ANTAGONISTIC SUCCESSION OF
TRICHODERMA AGAINST RHIZOCTONIAL DAMPING-OFF ON TOMATO IN
COMPOSTED MEDIA. Bulletin of the Iraq Natural History Museum (P-ISSN: 1017-8678, E-ISSN:
2311-9799), 13(4), 41-49.
6-Sulaiman Naif, A. M. I., Taher, I. E., Hussen, F. S., & Ahmed, A. I. (2019). First molecular
identification of wheat seed gall nematode Anguina tritici races parasitized on wheat in Iraq.
AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENT, 11, 5-15.
7- Taher, I. E. (2019). Influence of some plant extract, chemical and biological agents on Root-knot
nematode Meloidogyne javanica. Kufa Journal for Agricultural Sciences, 11(1).
8-ASMAR, A. Y., HASSAN, W. A., SAIDO, K. A., & TAHER, I. E. (2018). SAPROPHYTIC
COMPETITION OF SOIL MICROFLORA AND Rhizoctonia Solani IN THE ROTATING
AMENDED COMPOSTS PLANTED BY TOMATO. Journal of Duhok University, 21(1), 57-66
9-Ami, S. N., & Taher, I. E. (2014). Survey, races identification and host range of wheat seed gall
nematode Anguina tritici in Duhok province, Iraq. IOSR Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary
Science, 7, 44-48.
10-AMI, S. N., HALEEM, R. A., & TAHER, I. E. OCCURRENCE OF MAJOR FUNGAL AND
BACTERIAL DISEASES ON STONE FRUITS IN DUHOK PROVINCE, KURDISTAN REGION,
IRAQ. In The 2nd Scientific Agricultural Conference (p. 569).
Plant pathology especially nematode diseases
Course Units Department and Stage
IPM- practical. 3 4thyear / Plant protection dept. Undergraduate
Bacterial disease-practical. 3 4thyear/ Plant protection dept. Undergraduate
Academic debates 3 1styear/ Horticulture Dept. Undergraduate
Nematology-practical. 3 3rd year / Plant protection dept. Undergraduate
Fruit & vegetable disease-pr. 3 4thyear / Plant protection dept. Undergraduate
Field crops diseases- pr. 3 4th year/ field crop department Undergraduate
General Plant disease-theory. 3 2nd year/ Agricultural extension Undergraduate
Botany –theory. 3 1st year/ Plant protection dept. Undergraduate
Supervising under-graduates students, seminars, summer training, and students project.
• I participate in Fulbright visiting scholarship program for building capacity in USA and I was among thirties Iraqi universities staff selected from more than eight hundred applicants from different universities. I stayed in USA for three month and finished the program successfully at University of central Oklahoma (UCO) Edmond-OK-USA.
•Worked as coordinator and specialist in disease survey project in Duhok governorate in cooperation with Agriculture general directory.
• Attended program about (Linking research to inclusive development for food security, 14 Nov – 2 Dec 2016) focused on: Coordinating different activities in agricultural sector, work with different stakeholders. Monitor agricultural project progress and work plans and strategically study held in ICRA – Netherlands and Central Office/ Wageningen – Netherlands.
• worked as trainer in TOT with ZSVP organization (2017) in Zommar area, for establishing and management and pest control in Plastic houses.
• Participate in program for training farmer about vegetable planting under plastic houses and management (2018) in coordination with Green life Co. for agricultural services.
• Training for bee keepers with Reach organization 2017.
•As trainer worked in TOT program (2018) with Goal organization for agronomist in Duhok province, I gave lectures and training for green house and open field diseases managements. 2018.
• I gave lectures and training about open field and plastic house cultivation, irrigation, fertilizing and pest management in TOT program organized by WHH in Snon area.
• Participating in training course with ICRA about Making Research Work - Solving complex agri-food problems through action research. On 11 November 2019, in Wageningen, the Netherlands.
• I gave training to farmer in Christian area rehabilitation program from ISS in Telesqof with GDI Organization in 2019.