Poultry production and technology 7504191982
PhD University of New England, Australia poultry production and technology
January , 2010
M.Sc. University of Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq poultry production and technology
B.Sc. University of Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq Animal Production
- Towards the control of necrotic enteritis in broiler chickens with in-feed antibiotics phasing-out worldwide
- Use of yeast cell wall extract as a tool to reduce the impact of necrotic enteritis in broilers
- Dietary acylated starch improves performance and gut health in necrotic enteritis challenged broilers
- Influence of trace mineral sources on broiler performance, lymphoid organ weights, apparent digestibility, and bone mineralization
- Effects of various stocking density on productive performance and some physiological traits of broiler chicks
- Effect of peppermint supplementation as powder or extract on broiler performance, serum biochemical content and gut health under e coli challenge
- Heat production and energy efficiency of broilers infected with necrotic enteritis
- Effect of dietary supplementation of miaclost on performance and gut morphology in broiler chickens challenged with Escherichia coli
- Enzymes and/or combination of organic acid and essential oils supplementation in pasture-fed free-range laying hens increased the digestibility of nutrients and non-starch …
- The role of coated sodium butyrate on performance of broilers fed high protein and reduced energy diets
- Different combinations of peppermint, chamomile and a yeast prebiotic have different impacts on production and severity of intestinal and bursal abnormalities of broilers …
- EFFECTS OF THE ADDITION OF AQUEOUS LIQUORICE (Glycyrrhiza glabra) EXTRACT TO DRINKING WATER IN THE PRODUCTION PERFORMANCE, CARCASS CUTS AND INTESTINAL HISTOMORPHOLOGY OF …
- PERFORMANCE AND PHYSIOLOGICAL RESPONSES OF BROILER CHICKENS TO DIETARY COMBINATION OF YEAST AND MEDICAL PLANTS.
- EFFECTS OF DIFFERENT LEVELS OF DIETARY BIOTIN ON THE PERFORMANCE, APPARENT DIGESTIBILITY AND CARCASS CHARACTERISTICS OF BROILERS
- A comparative study of some productive traits in commercial poultry farms in Duhok Region.
- REALITY AND THE PRODUCTIVITY STUDY FOR BROILER PROJECTS IN DOHUK GOVERNORATE
poultry production, management, nutrition and gut health
Currently, I am a lecturer at University of Duhok and consulting on behalf of the Kurdish government to improve local commercial broiler farms, feed mills and hatcheries using my strong background in poultry production, management, feed formulation, nutrition and gut health. As a result of my expertise, the Kurdistan Region’s poultry industry has dramatically increased by 50% over the past last five years. There are some 2,000 chicken farms in the Kurdistan Region, producing nearly 190 tons of meat annually. The Kurdish government has documented the opening of 338 new official poultry farms during that time plus about 300 unregistered ones. In cooperation with Kurdistan government I contribute to improve poultry sector by applying modern technologies. I wish to now take the next step and contribute on a more regional and/or global basis. During my PhD at University of New England – Australia I have produced 12 publications including 6 are refereed journal papers with one winning editor’s choice in Poultry Science. I have contributed to the insightful assessment of available feed additives as alternatives to antibiotics and their role on feed conversion and health of broiler chickens under necrotic enteritis challenge. I investigated and discovered the heat production dynamics of chickens under disease challenge conditions. In my work, effective alternatives to in-feed antibiotics in controlling necrotic enteritis were found. The additives improved gut integrity by increasing villus to crypt ratio, lowering luminal pH values and increasing levels of short chain fatty acids in the hindgut. In my current position as lecturer at University of Duhok I teach poultry science, poultry management, poultry production, poultry nutrition and poultry product technology. I have prepared many research proposals for recruiting master degree students and have ongoing practical research in the area poultry feeding and management under local conditions.